Friday 22 January 2010

Plan A, Plan B

I have to thank Matthew for this. He was the first one to suggest I contact the US Embassy and see if I can apply for an emergency passport because of the length of time the UK could potentially take to process my visa.

Today the official word came back: I can get a short term passport so I do not lose my application for visa renewal. It is a legitimate reason.

This means: I CAN RUN ROME!

Granted, it could all go straight down the toilet, but the one thing it taught me is I have an amazing support structure. Colleagues and friends told me that, if needed, they would go stand on a corner and give me water and gel. You never know, I might very well still need that.

So I have 2 miles tomorrow and 12 on Sunday. And when I go out I go out knowing:

1. I can run anywhere and still make a difference.
2. It's good to have friends who take a moment to give you a Plan A, and a Plan B.

The only downside to this is I have a massive tin of cookies and not a soul was seen at the pub this evening. So, no formal celebration as of yet. So while I'm bursting to be all giddy this will be a happy little night of telly and sleep.

Oh well. Gotta remain positive.

1 comment:

  1. Pass me a few of those cookies. I eat some and celebrate with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete