Saturday 23 January 2010

Lookie! Jersey!

It came! It came! My running jersey showed up a few days ago with its letters and I just ironed them on tonight. I briefly considered wearing it everywhere like a kid with the coolest new shoes, but then I was reminded that it is cold, this is a thin overlay, and it would look really strange over a pea coat.

Tomorrow is 12 miles. The last "easy" run for me, though I can say I've done 14. After this we venture into unknown territory. Miles I've never run before, and a continued straining of how to run them all in a town which, now that I've had to plan runs of this magnitude, seems a heck of a lot smaller.

Thankfully it's not entirely like Houston, where you are forced to a park or a roadway (though props to the city for hosting warm-up runs for their marathon). But because this town is so pedestrian friendly it's hard to plan a route that won't, at some point, intersect a major shopping/tourist area.

Nonetheless, no race I've ever been to has been clear sailing with no crowds, back-ups, or odd bottlenecks. So, really, I'm just training for the inevitable.

In my wicked awesome purple NAS jersey. Represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment