Thursday 28 January 2010

I totally was not expecting this.

I reached my goal.

I started less than a month ago and *poof*

I reached my goal.

Now, of course, the good fundraiser in me would say: "Well, then, Cristin, doesn't that mean you should RAISE your goal?"

And I think, "Well, yeah, but...."

But. (It's the greatest and most terrible word ever.)

There are others I know running equal challenges. People who, just like me, drag their sorry butts into stretchy material and hoof it to and from work and on odysseys around their towns. All for their chosen cause.

Not that I'm saying I could do with any more donations. Or argue that getting those donations help diagnose, support, and champion people who live with autism. Nor that those donations have already helped at LEAST 62 people. I could happily support another 62 more.

I'm just saying.

Regardless, and to make good on my little bit of jealousy over a kid who did something amazing I'm going to see if I can't interview a few people who are also running and raising. Maybe you'll like them and support them. Maybe you will support us both. Maybe, just maybe, it will only be about me.

I reached my goal.

Well, one of them.

Now I've got to make good on the other - finish the marathon.

Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment