Monday 18 January 2010

A glorious 10 miles, a total lack of sleep.

I think my running thing is totally working against me. Yesterday I ran (almost) 10 miles (stupid wrong turn) and I felt great.

- Great stride
- Great water/gel intake
- Great

I even went BACK into the center of town to drop of things for a consultant who is staying with us for the next bit. I walked around (meaning I did 10 miles... technically), read, stayed up to my normal bedtime.

I was thinking - I am totally rocking this endurance thing.

Until 4AM.

That's when I woke up. *bing* Just like that. I tried everything I could think of to go back to sleep, but nothing worked. The alarm went off. I got up.

Today I've had a record 3 teas with extra sugar, and through my amazing psychic mind control powers had two donuts delivered to my desk. (Seriously, this is why you should run - mind control powers. You will give the NAS sponsorship.) Granted, this completely negates all my calories burned yesterday but it meant that come 5:30 PM I wasn't asleep at my desk.

Now, if only I can translate lack of sleep to sleep for amazing running powers. And more donuts. And sponsorships.

No comments:

Post a Comment