Sunday 10 January 2010

Either I'm hard core, or hard headed.

If every one of the people who follow me on Facebook and Twitter were to sponsor me for £2/each I would make £600.00 for the National Autistic Society. Seriously. I love the crowd, man.

My specialty has never been high end fundraising. I remember, back when I had to do the major donor training, I shook and shook when having to call every number. (Yes, cold call major donor fundraising - woo!) It was the most nerve wracking, emotionally scary thing I've ever done.

They even had people sitting around to watch you as you made the calls. Seriously.

But give me the many for a few and I'm a happy bunny. I like the idea of groups getting together to carry a person through. When I was out today, freezing, realizing that the snow was slowing me down, I went through every name of every person who has encouraged me. Mentors, friends, family, all of them. Even though I posted my worst time for 10 miles, I ran the majority of it because I couldn't let a single one of them down.

So call me hard core, or hard headed. But there is a lot of people who are supporting this venture, so I have to give them the biggest return possible.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment