Saturday 16 January 2010

32 Reasons, 62 Impacts

Right now:

1. I have made a training plan. A real one.
I am using the "Oh ma GAWD I so totally like don't have time to train for a marathon" guide and the aptly named "Beginner's Marathon Training Plan" from the NAS. Special thanks to hero Jill for helping me to think this all the way through.

2. Found out my bestie and his wife will be, at worst, at the finish line of said marathon.
And they've never, ever, ever been to the most awesomest city ever. Which means that I need to follow said training plan combo thingy above so that I can take them around to everything cool and super in Rome.

3. Nearly hit my fundraising goal two weeks after starting it.
Thanks to GMC (not the car company) for teaching me all about grassroots fundraising and finding passionate and creative ways to reach out to people.

Which means that as of right now...
  • I've funded 50 people in a gardening program for adults.
  • Helped professionals assess 2 children with autism
  • Given 10 people access to the Autism Helpline.
And that means the big #4:
I've gotten the support of over 32 individuals who believe in my cause and believe I can finish that marathon, whose training program is planned, who will have two people there for me who have never been to Rome, who have both supported the National Autistic Society

Which means that even though it will be me on that course getting a medal, we've impacted 62 lives no matter the outcome.

As they would say in England, "WELL DONE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment