Wednesday 20 January 2010

My world collapsing.

As of right now, in this very moment, I will not be running the Rome Marathon.

This is not due to injury. This is not due to money. It is due to my visa.

The UK Border Agency has decided to implement biometrics. What that is is even more information that you submit, in person, to prove you are who you are. Because of this, my visa application time has gone from 4-6 weeks to 12 weeks or more.

If I start the process but ask for my passport back, my application is canceled. I can't travel anywhere outside of the UK until it comes back. Period.

I'm hoping for a miracle. I've raised over £800.00 for the National Autistic Society and have been training endlessly for March 21st.

I've already promised myself that no matter where I am I will run a marathon on March 21st regardless. I could find London's map and just run on the sidewalks. I could go to Edinburgh and map out something with my best friend.

But I really, really had my heart set on Rome. Really did.

This hurts a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment