Thursday 21 January 2010

Eh, forget it. I'm positive.

There is a friend of mine from college who decided in his youth to be an optimist. I think I read that in a Facebook survey and it's stuck with me. Because, knowing him, he 100% lived up to his decision. I've never really come across someone who has just remained so upbeat.

Today, I couldn't help but think about choice.

This visa thing could be a bad thing. I could throw my hands up and blame the world. But, that's not productive.

So I will work to get around it. I will ask every person every question under the sun. I will not give up the chance of going. I will do everything to conform and jump through every hoop placed in front of me.

And if I still can't go, then I will run here. I will run the First Annual Cristin Oxford Marathon. It will be called the Cristin Oxford as I am the only entry, and therefore I win and get to name the marathon whatever I want. And because there is ZERO overhead, I can just promote the National Autistic Society.

No weenie wagons or balloon bitches or corrals. I could probably talk people into standing outside with cups of water every few miles and I do know a paramedic.

So it's Rome or it's home grown. I'm still running. Thanks, Chris, for letting me know I have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment