Friday 27 February 2009

Ten things I like about England, so far.

So I thought today I would spend a bit of time talking about the things in England I really enjoy:

1. Despite all the gray of winter, you have really, really green grass.
2. That the old pubs all have flower baskets.
3. For that matter, that the English people love their gardens. You've got the home gardener with his or her fragrant front yard all the way up to botanical and pleasure gardens.
4. Maltesers and Curlywurly Bars. Thank you both for teaching me what 'gaining a stone' means.
5. That it's cold enough to run all year. (In my hometown in August you can't. You could die of heat exhaustion.)
6. That watching cars drive down residential streets is like watching the world's longest game of chicken.
7. That you have way better tea and coffee, because you appreciate it.
8. Not that I'm a mum yet, but thank you for letting mums have the chance to be mums for a bit before returning to work.
9. You may think this part is mental - Public Transportation. I am ever so grateful you have actual, fairly reliable, public transportation. Before here none - absolutely none - of the places I lived in had public transport as reliable as here.
10. Sandwhiches, pastys, and crisps. You may not really be known for your cooking but you do a damn good quick lunch.

I'm sure I'll add more to this, but I just wanted to say thanks for a few things. Hope you decide to keep me on for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment