Thursday 26 February 2009

Lingo.

Point of pride: I am getting down on the marketing lingo.

I didn't know I did SEO or PPC, but I had been for years. My CRM and CMS knowledge is much more refined, and I can B2B and B2C without having to change channels.

I can track back, collaborate, and have excellent knowledge base. I have traditional and social skills. I am particularly good at optimization, and have end-over-end ROI. My KPI is set by competitive standards of sale, and my quaterly analysis is top notch.

I am a manual and automated lead generation machine. I can scale.

As a person from a self-taught standard of marketing I just didn't know how much I was doing that apparently you can learn in schools. It is one of those moments of pride, I feel like a natural. Someone organically driven into the role over choosing it as a major. Granted, I organically ended up in Classical Archaeology, but hey. It made me happy.

And in the end it's all about finding work that makes you happy. Or content, really. Content is better than happy any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment