Thursday 4 February 2010

Withdrawal.

I haven't run since Sunday.

SUNDAY.

I haven't run.

It's turning me crazy.

Well, there's a lot of things that contribute to my crazy, but I would like to highlight one of those: My current lack of running.

I'm sick. Straight up. Had a fever yesterday and everything. Today, I'm on cold meds but feeling antsy. Nothing today made me very happy. I am not myself without my running shoes. Just not. It's part of me and who I am and I hate, hate, hate being sick.

As if to taunt me there are about 20x more runners around. Yes, I know, we've got half marathons and marathons coming. Lots of people in England run. As this is an island, this means we can't spread out - so I see them everywhere. I half expected them to run through my office, chatting about wick-away and if they were wearing enough spandex.

My bright side is that I did get to do a mental dump today on work tasks with a colleague. This, at least, relieved me somewhat. But I feel it. That itch, that ache. That odd need to just go out and sprint for no reason other than I can.

But it won't do me any good if it means I get worse. So I will sit and simmer, and hope I can direct the negative feelings I have about not running into something - anything - positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment