Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valenine's Day

I've never actually been a fan of Valentine's Day. Not in the romantic lovey-dovey, kissy-kissy sense, anyways.

For me, when you love someone, whether it is family or friend or girlfriend or boyfriend or husband or wife or legalized same-sex partner, you shouldn't wait for one day to show it. You should try to show a little every day and do special things for no other reason than you want to. Not because you are forced to.

So I guess, for me Valentine's Day is just this little reminder that I should be nicer to those I love and do a bit more to show it. If I were in the US, perhaps I would kick of this resolve and purchase Valentine's candy on February 15th at anywhere from 50 - 75% off. Nothing says "I love you" than a 3 pound chocolate bar from the Chocolate Bar that says "I love you." But, nothing says "I love you a whole lot more than I would've on Valentine's Day" than three 3 pound chocolate bars from the Chocolate Bar plus a side of those chocolate rock things that are really good.

I love you all in bulk. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment