Tuesday 2 February 2010

A little ahead, a little behind.

There is a sore throat thing going around work. So I'm sitting here mildly medicated and a bit irritated as - of course - this interferes with my marathon training.

I was lamenting at elevensies the passing of the half marathon as my hard race. I was wistful, almost teary-eyed, at the thought of running ONLY 13.1 miles. Oh the joy of getting my first Duck from Disney all those years ago....

But then...it hit me. I'm ahead a bit on my training! So with this knee needing a bit of RNR and my throat, I've decided that this weekend I celebrate the halvsies once again. Yes, the joyful, relaxing halvsie. Best to put my mental mindset on something that is now a light and frothy, a refreshing little multi-mile joggy.

Sometimes it is good to be a little ahead so you can be a little behind. It helps at the times like this that happen in every persons race journey where marshmellow clouds float through your head because it is mildly stuffy. Yep, I think I'll hold slightly on that 17-miler.

Please sponsor. Thank you. Fluffels.

No comments:

Post a Comment