Wednesday 11 March 2009

I've got a Red Nose.


So this is something really neat about the UK. Once a year the whole country gets together to raise funds for charity and have a giggle. They call it Red Nose Day and for all intensive purposes, this is my second one. The first one I was bleary and tired from doing travel for work. All I can remember is that for an entire day the television was full of comedy and the streets full of people in red noses and costumes. It struck me as so odd, as in the US only pieces and parts of the country would participate. Here, everyone does it.

So, to reference back to my earlier post about "Things I like about England" let me place Red Nose Day. I wish that more countries had the nerve to get up and toss some laughs around to benefit as many charities as possible. England, you win this one hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment