Saturday 8 August 2009

Pedometer Fixation

I think I may have found something to help me with this whole purpose running deal. My company is nice enough to supplement me with private health insurance, which is good for when things need to go beyond the GP. They have this whole points program for if you go to a certain gym or get certain screenings done - and the rewards include the almighty British Pound.

So I've gotten their pedometer and have to reach the goal of 12,500 steps at least 4 days a week. It's been a bit of a curiosity for me to see just about how much energy I expend living in a town where a car is not horribly necessary... and here it's not all that hard to hit the goals. My running helps, but just walking to center of town and back gives great results. I've learned in a short span that I do take good care of myself, and that I do a lot more than most.

So hopefully I'll get the points and the cash and the discounts in time. Still I realize it's the long term benefits of healthy living that are much more important. That, and I have a massive chocolate addiction that has to be counterbalanced by something.

No comments:

Post a Comment